* Document management system with Org?
@ 2022-11-07 19:51 Max Brieiev
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Max Brieiev @ 2022-11-07 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org newbie here.

Org advertizes itself as a note management and organizer system.

How suitable is it to manage documents?

Documents are files, usually in pdf format, stored as blobs on file
system. I need to attach some meta data to them. Like tags, for example,
'invoice' or 'contract' or some random notes.

I would also like to have a way to categorize a group of documents by
some criteria, e.g. by the name of a contractor.

It would be good to have a dired-like interface to browse documents and
manipulate them: view/copy/delete/attach to email etc.

What approach could I use for this?
Is there anything like that in Org ecosystem?

Thanks.