I use orgroam for this sort of thing: https://www.orgroam.com/ In fact, I manage most of my org files with orgroam. -- Bill On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 9:52 PM Max Brieiev wrote: > Org newbie here. > > Org advertizes itself as a note management and organizer system. > > How suitable is it to manage documents? > > Documents are files, usually in pdf format, stored as blobs on file > system. I need to attach some meta data to them. Like tags, for example, > 'invoice' or 'contract' or some random notes. > > I would also like to have a way to categorize a group of documents by > some criteria, e.g. by the name of a contractor. > > It would be good to have a dired-like interface to browse documents and > manipulate them: view/copy/delete/attach to email etc. > > What approach could I use for this? > Is there anything like that in Org ecosystem? > > Thanks. > >