Why not just have a command to exit the sparse tree mode? On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 1:30 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Meir Goldenberg writes: > > > I am running on 8.3.1 and am getting the same behavior. In fact, when I > run > > on the simple example from my original message, the heading marked FUTURE > > does not get hidden to start with. > > Top level headlines are never hidden. > > Admittedly, this defeats the purpose of a sparse tree if all the > information you need to filter out is located in such constructs. > However, hiding them would make a view from which it would be difficult > to recover from. > > Regards, >