Is there an alternative to TAB when I want to work only with the sparse tree and all the other entries only distract me? If not, can I somehow open the sparse tree in a separate buffer? On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Meir Goldenberg writes: > > > I do not quite understand. You wrote: "TAB discloses the entry and all > > children. It also leaves the entry in an editable state." However, Task2 > is > > not a child of the entry being disclosed (Task1). > > I explained why hiding Task2 leaves entry in an uncomfortable state, > where you could edit near ellipsis. > > > Furthermore, by constructing the sparse tree, I am telling org-mode > > that I am only interested to see the sub-trees under the tasks marked > > as TODO! > > TAB ignores you want to keep a sparse tree. Note that it is also used to > get out of parse trees, i.e., get a normal view again. > > > Regards, >