Hi Rasmus, I wasn't aware of this functionality being added to ox-extra, thank you for pointing it out. I've revised my patch to accommodate your suggestions and attached the new version. Now it excludes noexport tagged headlines from removal and promotes child headlines. Using properties for this is also possible because the match string can match properties too. I just find tags simpler for this case. I'm trying to point out that something like this is often needed and a definitive solution should be listed somewhere, preferably in the manual. Otherwise someone looking for a solution to this common problem will end up finding only half-baked, possibly broken examples. Kind regards, Ondřej Grover On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Rasmus wrote: > Hi, > > Thanks for the patch. I have not read it as I'm on the mobile. > > What is the difference between your patch and org-export-ignore-headlines > in > ox-extra? > > If you want the functionality in ox.el you should write a solution that > uses > a property like UNNUMBERED. It's however a non-trivial problem as discussed > on the org-hacks worg page. This is, IMO, the right way to tackle this > issue, if it is an issue. > > Skimming the so answer you link to your suggestion is not robust for > ignored > headlines following a no export headline. > > > Rasmus > > >