* autosave in org-src buffer only works ones
@ 2014-09-11 15:45 Adriaan Sticker
From: Adriaan Sticker @ 2014-09-11 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all

I've the following in my init.el

    (setq org-edit-src-auto-save-idle-delay 5)

If I open in my org file a R code block with C-c ', edit into the opened
org-src buffer with the ESS major mode activated and wait for 5s, I can see
autosave kicking in and my org buffer gets updated with my new code. But
when I keep editing it doesn't save anymore. So it only save ones after the
first 5s when the org-src got openend and then it stops.

Can this somehow be fixed or is this behaviour expected? I have quite big
source block so this can be an issue.

Thanks in advance

* Re: autosave in org-src buffer only works ones
@ 2014-09-11 16:28 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-09-11 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adriaan Sticker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Adriaan Sticker <adriaan.sticker@gmail.com> writes:

> I've the following in my init.el
>
>     (setq org-edit-src-auto-save-idle-delay 5)
>
> If I open in my org file a R code block with C-c ', edit into the opened
> org-src buffer with the ESS major mode activated and wait for 5s, I can see
> autosave kicking in and my org buffer gets updated with my new code. But
> when I keep editing it doesn't save anymore. So it only save ones after the
> first 5s when the org-src got openend and then it stops.

This should now be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: autosave in org-src buffer only works ones
@ 2014-09-11 21:55   ` Adriaan Sticker
From: Adriaan Sticker @ 2014-09-11 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adriaan Sticker, emacs-orgmode

Cool, thanks!

@ 2014-09-23  8:26     ` Adriaan Sticker
From: Adriaan Sticker @ 2014-09-23  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adriaan Sticker, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi, is it possible that these function cause the buffer automatically
scrolling when saving?
When I save My buffer jumps/scrolls up so that my cursor is on the last row
on my screen.

Greets

@ 2014-09-25 10:50   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2014-09-25 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Adriaan Sticker <adriaan.sticker@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I've the following in my init.el
>>
>>     (setq org-edit-src-auto-save-idle-delay 5)
>>
>> If I open in my org file a R code block with C-c ', edit into the opened
>> org-src buffer with the ESS major mode activated and wait for 5s, I can see
>> autosave kicking in and my org buffer gets updated with my new code. But
>> when I keep editing it doesn't save anymore. So it only save ones after the
>> first 5s when the org-src got openend and then it stops.
>
> This should now be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Just a second 'thanks'!

Andreas

* Re: autosave in org-src buffer only works ones
@ 2014-09-27 21:10       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-09-27 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adriaan Sticker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Adriaan Sticker <adriaan.sticker@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, is it possible that these function cause the buffer automatically
> scrolling when saving?
> When I save My buffer jumps/scrolls up so that my cursor is on the last row
> on my screen.

I do not understand. Are you saying that auto-saving feature in src
blocks moves point?

If so, I cannot reproduce it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: autosave in org-src buffer only works ones
@ 2014-09-28  7:29         ` Adriaan Sticker
From: Adriaan Sticker @ 2014-09-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adriaan Sticker, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org