On 5 September 2017 at 23:02, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Reuben Thomas writes: > > > ​If you (or someone) can confirm your interpretation above, I would be > > happy to update my patch to implement the two behaviours required, > namely, > > that org-make-link-description-function is only called if the > > default-description argument to org-insert-link is nil > > Ack. > > > and that if that function returns nil, then the link location is used. > > I would also clarify the docstring regarding the second behaviour. > > It may not be a terribly useful behaviour anyway. You can always use > (lambda (link description) link) as > `org-make-link-description-function'. > > Perhaps we can simply remove "When nil, the link location will be used" > from the docstring. Your call. > ​I've removed it.​ ​Attached, a revised patch. -- https://rrt.sc3d.org