* [BUG?] Wrong quote positions in exported CSL bib items when export is done with C-u C-e
@ 2022-07-04  9:54 András Simonyi
From: András Simonyi @ 2022-07-04  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode list

Dear All,

I'm experiencing the following mysterious problem with the csl
citation export processor: exporting using the export dispatcher
without a prefix argument works fine, but when I repeat the export
action using C-u before C-e the exported bibliography items containing
quotes have the quotes shifted to incorrect places, seemingly with a
fix offset.

Minimal example:

Org document:
#+cite_export: csl
#+bibliography: bib.bib
[cite:@Hobbs-1985-Ontological]
#+print_bibliography:

bib.bib:
@inproceedings{Hobbs-1985-Ontological,
  title                    = {Ontological Promiscuity},
  author                   = {Hobbs, Jerry R.},
  booktitle                = {Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Meeting
of the Association for Computational Linguistics},
  year                     = {1985},
  location                 = {Chicago},
  organization             = {Association for Computational Linguistics},
  pages                    = {61--69}
}

The single bibliography item is the correct

  Hobbs, Jerry R. 1985. “Ontological Promiscuity.” In /Proceedings of
  the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational
  Linguistics/, 61–69. Chicago: Association for Computational
  Linguistics.

when exported with C-e and as an UTF-8 buffer

but contains an incorrectly places quote:

  Hobbs, Jerry R. 1985. “Ontological Promiscuity. In” /Proceedings of
  the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational
  Linguistics/, 61–69. Chicago: Association for Computational
  Linguistics.

when exported (again) with C-u C-e.

Emacs version: 28.1
Org version:  9.5.4
(Citeproc version is Melpa 20220702.2132)

is anybody else seeing this behaviour?

thanks & best wishes,

András

* Re: [BUG?] Wrong quote positions in exported CSL bib items when export is done with C-u C-e
@ 2022-10-25 10:09 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-10-25 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: András Simonyi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode list

András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm experiencing the following mysterious problem with the csl
> citation export processor: exporting using the export dispatcher
> without a prefix argument works fine, but when I repeat the export
> action using C-u before C-e the exported bibliography items containing
> quotes have the quotes shifted to incorrect places, seemingly with a
> fix offset.
>
> Minimal example:
> The single bibliography item is the correct
>
>   Hobbs, Jerry R. 1985. “Ontological Promiscuity.” In /Proceedings of
>   the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational
>   Linguistics/, 61–69. Chicago: Association for Computational
>   Linguistics.
>
> when exported with C-e and as an UTF-8 buffer
>
> but contains an incorrectly places quote:
>
>   Hobbs, Jerry R. 1985. “Ontological Promiscuity. In” /Proceedings of
>   the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational
>   Linguistics/, 61–69. Chicago: Association for Computational
>   Linguistics.
>
> when exported (again) with C-u C-e.
>
> Emacs version: 28.1
> Org version:  9.5.4
> (Citeproc version is Melpa 20220702.2132)
>
> is anybody else seeing this behaviour?

Confirmed.
I managed to trace this down to the output value of
org-cite-csl--rendered-bibliographies (using M-x trace-function + M-x diff-buffers).

I suspect that it might be something to do with destructive list
modifications in some kind of cache.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,