Dear All, first of all, apologies for the delay, unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on my WIP patches for a while. Now I've attached a new version of the patch, which hopefully addresses all issues discussed earlier. best wishes, András On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 at 06:26, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > András Simonyi writes: > > >> Also, it would be nice to describe CSL usage and tweaks in the manual. > > > > Time permitting I may try to add something, but wouldn't it be a > > problem if the CSL export processor was discussed in much more detail > > than the others? > > I was also thinking about providing a list of available citation > > substyles but I do not want to make the manual very unbalanced. > > Maybe not in the release, but otherwise we need to finish the citation > section of the manual one way or another. May as well start from CSL > part. > > >> I have two comments here: > >> 1. Where are all these new commands coming from? They are not used > >> directly in the code. Are you tweaking citeproc.el output this way? May > >> it be better to use customizations provided by citeproc.el itself? > > > > Yes, the citeproc org-latex formatter, which I added specifically for > > Org, uses these commands in the LaTeX code produced for the > > bibliography. As citeproc doesn't have customizable variables by > > design (if I recall correctly, the only exception is 2 hooks), and > > oc-csl already had some variables concerned with very similar > > formatting settings (org-cite-csl-latex-hanging-indent, > > org-cite-csl-html-hanging-indent, > > org-cite-csl-html-label-width-per-char) I think it is more consistent > > to have the new ones also in Org. > > Thanks for the clarification. I'd prefer to see a similar explanation > and the details about what the LaTeX variables/commands do in the > docstring. > > >> 2. You are declaring this variable as defcustom, but it is not clear > >> what is going to happen if the user changes it. It is not how to > >> change this template in meaningful ways either. > > > > Right, I can try to detail a bit in the docstring what type of > > commands and environments have to be provided by the preamble (are > > expected by citeproc). I tried to follow Timothy's handling of the > > ox-latex engraved preamble, but a simpler alternative would be to > > treat it simply as a constant template, at least for the time being -- > > WDYT? > > Note that `org-latex-engraved-preamble' explains which packages need to > be loaded and which commands need to be defined in the preamble. This at > least make it more clear what the users may change and not break the > export. > > I see not problem keeping this a defcustom, but we definitely need to > explain the default value and what is required to be in there. At least, > to make the code readable for future contributors. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at