Dear Ihor, thanks a lot for your reply! On Sat, 2 Jul 2022 at 06:37, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > By "*", do you mean something like [cite/n:@*]? > If so, will it be correctly fontified as an existing citation? Yes I meant exactly that. As for fontification, this is a very good question! I've checked it now with the built-in "basic" activation processor and it shows the "*" with an "error" face, indicating that it's not a key in the bibliography file(s), which might not be ideal. Nonetheless, this problem is not limited to or introduced by this patch, because the same construct and functionality is also supported by the "biblatex" and "natbib" export processors. Actually, the possibility of using "*" as a key comes simply from a citeproc-el change, not from oc-csl, I just thought that it is obscure enough to merit an explicit mention in the NEWS file. > It would help to provide an example how to use "*" key. > Also, I'd prefer if you follow doc/Documentation_Standards.org. Please > use Org markup instead of `...' quotes. Thanks, I have tried to address your comments in the attached new version of the patch. Note that the quotes around "csl" follow the manual's "Citation handling" chapter. > Why not simply > (member (car (org-cite-citation-style citation info)) '("nocite" "n")) > ? Thanks, that is indeed simpler, I've changed the function's definition accordingly. best wishes, AndrĂ¡s