thx! that works well for me :D best and happy holidays :) Z On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Kaushal Modi wrote: > On Wed, Nov 22, 2017, 4:55 AM Xebar Saram wrote: > >> Hi alll >> > > Hello > > Im looking for a way to to mirror/auto populate a section of text in >> another location in the same org buffer and/or other org file. >> >> for example, i manage my config files in org mode for multiple machines. >> i want to have a section like this >> >> #+BEGIN_SRC conf :mkdirp yes :tangle ~/machine A >> CODE >> #+END_SRC >> where the same content of CODE is mirroed/auto generated in another code >> block for machine B >> >> #+BEGIN_SRC conf :mkdirp yes :tangle ~/machine B >> CODE >> #+END_SRC >> >> is this in anyway possible? >> > > You cannot have real-time mirroring of content in the Org file itself. > > But you can implement that DRY model by using Noweb references (See the > "Noweb reference syntax" node in the Org manual). > > You can put the CODE in a separate src block with :noweb-ref set to foo, > and then wherever in other code blocks you want to mirror that, you simply > put <>. > > As I said you won't see the mirroring happen live in the Org buffer. But > you will see the mirroring done in the exported files. > > PS: For non-code mirroring (in exported files), there's also do: > > #+INCLUDE: "./can-be-same-file.org::#CUSTOM_ID" :only-contents t > > (See the "Include files" node in the Org manual for more.) > > -- > > Kaushal Modi >