Hi all off topic a bit again. im an academic (asst. prof) in Epidemiology and have been using org-mode for about a year now. i love using org but im really not very technical at all. it has always been a dream for me to ditch word and move over to Latex and even better orgmode to write my scientific publications, writing my CV etc. The problem is i cant really find a good "for dummies" guide on how to really get started. again im really not technical so i always give up really fast on this. Do you guys think i should give it a shot (again not very technical :)) and if so what would be the steps/guides to follow? perhaps start by drafting a CV since thats perhaps easier? kind regards Z. On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Matt Lundin wrote: > Alan Schmitt writes: > > > On 2014-06-26 16:39, Matt Lundin writes: > > > >> By contrast, ox-bibtex.el runs citations through bibtex2html, which is > >> pretty much limited to the "old-fashioned" bibtex formats. > > > > What would be required for bibtex2html to take biblatex input? I thought > > the backend format was similar or the same (as you can tell, I know > > nothing of biblatex). > > I don't think this is possible without some major > hacking/conversion/filtering. Biblatex has many more entry types and > fields than bibtex. I've found that most of the older bibtex utils > (bibtools, bibtex2html) choke on my biblatex files. > > Even if biblatex2html did read biblatex data, its output, I believe, is > limited to bibtex styles, which cannot handle more complex formats. Many > scientific journals require bibtex formats. But many humanities > disciplines have more complicated bibliographical requirements that > bibtex cannot handle. > > Best, > Matt > >