Hi I actually find it annoying in ESS to keep pressing C-c ' each time i want to eval a single line of code in a code block. if this could work for R code this would be fantastic for me thx Z On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Carlos Henrique Machado S Esteves < ch.machado.esteves@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Chuck, > > Thank you for the feedback. > > > You might want to check that point and mark are both inside the src > block. Otherwise, the results are unpredictable. > You are right, I've updated the patch. > > > ess-mode, python-mode, sh-mode and octave-mode already provide this > capability (and a lot more) for R, python, shell scripts, octave/matlab and > some other languages from the edit buffer. > I understand that. My idea is to avoid the need to C-c ' back and forth. > Actually that's a problem I have with org-babel; I usually find myself > coding inside the src block and losing many of the major mode > functionalities; switching to the edit buffer often seem too much of a > hassle. Any tips about how to get more major-mode functionalities inside > the src-block? Or should I develop the muscle memory to switch back and > forth to the edit buffer all the time? > > > `org-babel-demarcate-block' gives the user the ability to break up src > blocks into smaller pieces so they can be run independently. > Thanks for pointing that; I didn't know about `org-babel-demarcate-block'. > > Best, > > Carlos > > 2015-11-02 13:19 GMT-05:00 Charles C. Berry : > >> On Sun, 1 Nov 2015, Carlos Henrique Machado S Esteves wrote: >> >> Hello, I find it useful to be able to execute only a region of a source >>> code block, so I've implemented a new function for that. I've tested it >>> with MATLAB and Python, but it should work for any mode, since it calls >>> org-babel-execute-src-block. >>> >>> >> You might want to check that point and mark are both inside the src >> block. Otherwise, the results are unpredictable. >> >> Also note that: >> >> ess-mode, python-mode, sh-mode and octave-mode already provide this >> capability (and a lot more) for R, python, shell scripts, octave/matlab and >> some other languages from the edit buffer. >> >> `org-babel-demarcate-block' gives the user the ability to break up src >> blocks into smaller pieces so they can be run independently. >> >> Best, >> >> Chuck >> >> >