Dear Martin Thanks so much for your prompt response. I did ofc do an extensive google research yet found that as can be seen in your link most entries focus on either writing papers or general bits an pieces .What i am looking for is a holistic approach regarding organizing all aspects of academic life and to hear workflows of other colleagues using org for that thanks again , looking forward to hearing from other colleagues in the orgmode community best z On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:16 AM, M wrote: > > > > > > Von: Xebar Saram > > Datum: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 19:39:14 +0300 > > An: org mode > > Betreff: [O] Organizing and taming hectic Academia work (faculty > viewpoint)? > > Tips or a good guides sought after :) > > > > Hi all > > > > Im a young assistant professor (in humanities and thus my horrific coding > > skills..basically non ;-)) and having been using orgmode for a year or > two > > now. I love orgmode dearly and use it mainly for note taking, lists etc > > > > I am aware of the fantastic orgmode capabilities that could benefit me > greatly > > such as exporting, email tie-ins, beamer support, organizing my > bibliography > > (i have switched to a .bib file recently for my references), agenda > > capabilities and so much moreand have tried several of these with mild > > success. > > > > unfortunately (and this maybe due to me not being very technical and > lack of > > coding skills) i still feel like im really not using orgmode to its > potential > > and still feel miserably lost in terms of organizing my work in academia > from > > all aspects. > > > > i am looking for 2 things really: > > 1. as i said in the post topic a good guide if anyone is aware of or > detailed > > examples of using org in Academia (mainly aimed at faculty :)) > > > > 2. related to that as a young researcher with multiple students, paper > > writing, grant applications, department duties, endless TODOS, endless > email i > > would really be grateful for even non org specific tips on how other > people > > organize all this to make life more..well..organized :) > > > > thanks alot in advance and sorry for the long mail > > > > best > > > > Z > > Dear Xebar, > > I think the first 10 results of the correspondindg google search already > show some very interesting examples: > > > http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=emacs+org-mode+in+resear > ch&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 > > Did you have a look at those? > > Kind regards > > Martin > > > > > >