Gotcha thx. a related question. can i map a command to open a specific header then (an org-id) one to a keybind? thx Z On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Oleh wrote: > > Hya all. i cant understand what the advantages of org-id links over > internal > > ones? > > in both cases it uses a fixed path right? its not like if i move my org > > files to another PC with different paths then the links will all work? > whats > > the use case scenario to use org-id over internal links? > > > > As far as I understand, id links are unique, so you can have multiple > headings with same name, and move them about as much you like within > current file > or multiple files. You can't do that with plain links which are *very* > inflexible > and become stale fast. > > Your scenario with another PC should also work, as org will search for > the needed id > across all known org files. So as long as the file you move across > different PCs > is in the search path, the links will still work. > > regards, > Oleh >