Hi i will add that im exactly in the same situatuon i use a window manager (i3) on arch linux and have tried almost every solution out there (with FF, chrome etc) with no working method. i really wish org-protocol had a much simpler way of capturing links,text tec. im not a programmer but to me it seems so complicated. it the past before i was using org i had a simple bash script that yanked links/text from dwb (a simple web browser) and added that to a text file. something like this #!/bin/bash # dwb: xtm task add pro:dl +music $DWB_TITLE $DWB_URI where the current title+URI of the webpage was added to a text file (task add) command. would love something simple like that for orgmode best Z On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:33 AM, Samuel Wales wrote: > please note that i do not use a desktop environment, just a window > manager. if this is relevant, please tell me. i do not understand > mime or things like that. > >