Hi Oleh i start using counsel and the counsel-recoll and is quite good, thx for this! a small Q. when i launch the command am i supposed to see the search term inline (like in grep) or just the file name it resides in. currently i just see the filename that contains the search term. example screenshot: https://paste.xinu.at/B77QYh/ best Z On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Oleh Krehel wrote: > Erik Hetzner writes: > > > I believe that you can rewrite using the recoll tool directly instead > > of recollq, using `recoll -t -b 'search string'`: > > > > (defun counsel-recoll-function (string &optional _pred &rest _unused) > > "Grep in the current directory for STRING." > > (if (< (length string) 3) > > (counsel-more-chars 3) > > (counsel--async-command > > (format "recoll -t -b '%s'" string)) > > nil)) > > > > If you use `recoll -A -t 'search string'` and do some post processing > > you could get snippets, too. I can’t see how to do that easily with > > counsel--async-command, though. > > Thanks, Erik. I've merged your pull request. So now it's very easy to > start using recoll with Emacs - outside of Emacs the only necessary > thing is: > > sudo apt-get install recoll > > And inside Emacs it's: > > package-install counsel > > I did look into the annotation switch. The thing is that it just shows > some database aggregates instead of the actual line context, like grep > does. With 30 candidates and no line context, a pure list of files looks > simpler than a list of files and a list of out-of-sequence words that > each file contains. > > --Oleh > >