Thx Jason just tried gnuroot. its very nice but i think would be useful for rare cases where you really need the full power of emacs/org since its a bit cumbersome to fire the whole debian>emacs>open a org note just to enter a quick capture :). do you have any tips on speeding things up etc? anyway great tip thx :) P.S could you share your color scheme from the screenshot :) Z On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Jason F. McBrayer wrote: > On 2014-08-08 10:38, jorge.alfaro-murillo@yale.edu wrote: > > David Masterson writes: >> >>> Not looking for complete org functionality in my phone -- just a >>> reasonable ability to edit org outlines while I'm on the road. >>> >> > If you have access by ssh to a computer that is always on, then I >> >> recommend leaving an emacsclient open and using JuiceSSH of >> ConnectBot for editing your org files on the go. >> > > Or, as is increasingly feasible in the last couple of years, running > Emacs on your mobile device. On Android, GnuRoot is a quick and easy > solution for running Emacs along with git, ssh, hg, and anything else > you might need for your org-mode workflow, and it doesn't even require > a rooted device (I prefer using Lil'Debi for running Emacs, but it > requires a rooted device and a bit more commitment). > > With a real Emacs on my device (recent screenshot [here][1]), I can > just keep my hg-based syncing workflow that I'm used to from multiple > desktops, rather than adding a new and more complex mobile syncing > workflow. I'm not disparaging the MobileOrg-Android app, it looks > great, and works great given the MobileOrg protocol it has to work > with, but it's just not what I want to work with. > > [1]: http://www.carcosa.net/jason/blog/computing/emacs/ > messageease-2014-08-02.html > -- > +-----------------------------------------------------------+ > | Jason F. McBrayer jmcbray@carcosa.net | > | If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in | > | battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one | > | is the greatest of all conquerors. --- The Dhammapada | > > >