Thank you all ill try the Latex list suggestion over the weekend as i have Zero Latex knowledge so ill try to dig into it a bit Best z. On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote: > Hello Xebar, > > On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 01:37:31PM +0800, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > > Xebar Saram writes: > > > > > Thanks again guys > > > > > > Rick: "But a better approach would be to define your own latex list > > > environment for > > > program steps and use lists:" > > > > > > ive never used latex, do you mind expanding on that a bit? > > > > > > Eric: "I don't think it's cut, is it? I just tried with your example > > > and long > > > lines are preserved as-is (ie, quite long)" > > > this is how it looks in my pdf export: > > > > > > https://paste.xinu.at/sYsMVz/ > > > > Oh I see -- it's latex that cuts those lines off, not the org exporter. > > You'll probably want to go the list route then. See this link for how to > > create a custom list environment: > > > > http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/lyx/ownlists.htm > > > > Then do this in org, replacing "bogus" with the name of your new > environment: > > > > #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment bogus > > - this is a > > - list with some > > - items in it > > I guess you missed my response. I suggested this a couple of days back. > Sadly I was in a hurry and could not provide precise instructions. You > can achieve this using the enumitem package with the noitemsep option[1]. > > So inside Org all you need to do is add the following to the file header: > > #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{enumitem} > > If you want this behaviour for all lists add the following: > > #+LATEX_HEADER: \setlist{nolistsep} > > If you only want to do this for a particular kind of list (say, > enumerate) add the following line instead: > > \setenumerate{noitemsep} > > To control this per-list you can do: > > #+attr_latex: :options noitemsep > - Step 1 > - Step 2 > - Step 3 > > For more info on other options, see the documentation for enumitem > (`texdoc enumitem' or ). > > Hope this helps, > > > Footnotes: > > [1] See this TeX.SX question for more details: > . > > -- > Suvayu > > Open source is the future. It sets us free. > >