On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Mirko, > > Mirko Vukovic writes: > > > I would like to have a buffer (and the associated file) that contain the > agenda > > view for a few select files. Is that possible? > > > > They way it might work (in pseudo-code & using babel) > > > > ****< begin org file > > #+org-agenda-files: file-1.org file-2.org file-3.org ;; these are full > files > > > > > > #+begin local-agenda-view > > TODO: file-1 > > IN-PROGRESS: file-2 > > COMPLETE: file-3 > > #+end local-agenda-view > > > > ****< end org file > > Agenda views rely on two things: a list of selected items, a display > mechanism for these items in a dedicated buffer (either one single > buffer, or several buffers when using sticky agenda views.) > > What you're asking for would be possible if the list of items were > stored somewhere else than in a dedicated buffer -- which is not the > case right now (see also my recent reply to Manuel.) > > > So, when visiting the above file, or executing C-c C-c, the > org-agenda-files > > would be refreshed, as would be the local-agenda-view block. In this > example, > > the agenda-view is non-standard. > > > > So, is the following possible > > - buffer local agenda-files that are set in the declarations > > - embedded agenda view > > - view customized as shown above > > > > If that is not possible, what variables & functions would I need to > > look at? > > You can try to digg the idea of `org-agenda-listing' further. > > Good luck! > > -- > Bastien > Thanks Bastien, Did you mean `org-agenda-list'? Mirko