* Bug: documentation typo for org-format-latex-options [8.2.5 (release_8.2.5-417-g455fbc @ c:/users/977315/documents/.emacs.d/elisp/org/)]
@ 2014-01-18 13:31 Mirko Vukovic
From: Mirko Vukovic @ 2014-01-18 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In the documentation for org-format-latex-options,
for the key :matchers, the documentation lists valid members.  The last
valid member is shown as
             "\ ["    find math expressions surrounded by \ [...\]

(backslash space left-bracket).  The space is superfluous.  Note that
there are two places where this needs to be fixed.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Package: Org-mode version 8.2.5 (release_8.2.5-417-g455fbc @
c:/users/977315/documents/.emacs.d/elisp/org/)

* Re: Bug: documentation typo for org-format-latex-options [8.2.5 (release_8.2.5-417-g455fbc @ c:/users/977315/documents/.emacs.d/elisp/org/)]
  2014-01-18 13:31 Bug: documentation typo for org-format-latex-options [8.2.5 (release_8.2.5-417-g455fbc @ c:/users/977315/documents/.emacs.d/elisp/org/)] Mirko Vukovic
@ 2014-01-18 15:20 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-01-18 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mirko Vukovic; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic@gmail.com> writes:

> In the documentation for org-format-latex-options,
> for the key :matchers, the documentation lists valid members.  The last
> valid member is shown as
>              "\ ["    find math expressions surrounded by \ [...\]
>
> (backslash space left-bracket).  The space is superfluous.  Note that
> there are two places where this needs to be fixed.

Thank you for the report. However, I don't think it is possible to fix
it, because "\[" in a docstring is treated specially. See:

  (info "(elisp) Keys in Documentation").

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2014-01-18 23:23   ` Mirko Vukovic
From: Mirko Vukovic @ 2014-01-18 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > In the documentation for org-format-latex-options,
> > for the key :matchers, the documentation lists valid members.  The last
> > valid member is shown as
> >              "\ ["    find math expressions surrounded by \ [...\]
> >
> > (backslash space left-bracket).  The space is superfluous.  Note that
> > there are two places where this needs to be fixed.
>
> Thank you for the report. However, I don't think it is possible to fix
> it, because "\[" in a docstring is treated specially. See:
>
>   (info "(elisp) Keys in Documentation").
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

Thanks Nicolas,

that certainly explains two identical and unusual typos on the same line.

Mirko

@ 2014-01-19 15:45   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-19 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Mirko Vukovic

Hi Mirko and Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for the report. However, I don't think it is possible to fix
> it, because "\[" in a docstring is treated specially. See:
>
>   (info "(elisp) Keys in Documentation").

I fixed this by using \=\[ --- which is a trick I just discovered
in the doc, so thanks for pointing to this!  And thanks Mirko for
the report.

--
 Bastien