Hi, Thanks for your quick replies, I have not subscribed the org mailing list yet, so I had to search this mailing list and then found your nice solution, and sorry for the late reply. Usually I read org manual through org mode's official website, seems now the description of html quoting( http://orgmode.org/org.html#Quoting-HTML-tags) is still unchanged, maybe some extra effort is needed to update this page? and I noticed the patch is modifying **org.texi**, but I cannot find it in my org mode package (I installed org mode through emacs' package management system), so where can I find this file? Thanks in advance, Kelvin