Hi Ihor, Answer inline... On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 at 18:08, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes: > > > I have added the eln version to the patch... > > > > Best, /PA > > PS: Just as an example, I recompiled master today and the version number > > for eln changed, so the 'old' files from yesterday were not removed ;-) > > Yeah. Not ideal. > The whole system with emacs -Q putting things into .emacs.d is not ideal. > > Sometimes, when running things like make test we do not even want to > litter .emacs.d - .eln files generated during make test might correspond > to the broken versions of Org mode that were being tested. Then, running > actual working Emacs session might stumble upon these incorrect versions > of .eln files. > > Do I understand correctly that the reason you implemented cleaneln make > target is working around issues with make test/make repro? > Yes, that's one of the reasons. And, also because when I set native.comp-eln-cache-path, anything that is not part of the Emacs distribution gets compiled into that directory. For example, the clone of org-mode main as well as the packages from elpa/melpa/nungnu. When refreshing my local copy of the org-mode repo, I start with a make cleaneln before pulling and then make native. Thus I get a predictable build. > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at > Best, /PA -- Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler Headaches with a Juju log: unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet