Hi > I think the trouble with "TeX capacity exceeded" is not a trouble with "make doc", Emacs or Org. > Probably a trouble with make or TeX environment as for example the size of available RAM. > I have already met that on Virtual machine with not enough memory for compilation but just enough for installation of the OS. I have checked on a MacBook Pro with 16G running non-virtualised and I met the problem at the same place as on a Ubuntu Linux VM with 2, 4 or 8 GBytes of memory Best, /PA On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 at 08:16, Vincent Breton wrote: > >* On Oct 18, 2021, at 20:51, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez * > >* wrote: > *>* I'm trying to generate the documentation > *>* ./org.texi:17579: TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000]. > **Jean-Christophe Helary reported too the location of the source of trouble identified by *Takesi Ayanokoji. > > I think the trouble with "TeX capacity exceeded" is not a trouble with "make doc", Emacs or Org. > Probably a trouble with make or TeX environment as for example the size of available RAM. > I have already met that on Virtual machine with not enough memory for compilation but just enough for installation of the OS. > > On my system "make doc" generate an error but I found a temporary solution to generate the documentation in PDF. > > 1) I start to make a git clone: > git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git > 2) I used make > cd org-mode > make cleanall > make all > 3) I generate the pdf files inside the doc directory without using make file: > cd doc > makeinfo --pdf org.texi > makeinfo --pdf orgguide.texi > 4) You can find the files generated in http://www.presentiel.com/org/orgguide.pdf and in http://www.presentiel.com/org/org.pdf > > > About "make doc": > "make doc" don't work on my environment: > "make info" and "make html" are working fine but "make pdf", a part of "make doc", is not working on my environment. > > I reproduce below the error and I suppose there is something wrong with the initial path: > > entering extended mode > (../../../org.t2d/pdf/src/org.texi) > * > ! Emergency stop. > <*> \input ../../../org.t2d/pdf/src/org.texi > > ! ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced! > Transcript written on org.log. > > -- Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler