* Re: Org.texi (the Org Manual) in ePub format
@ 2022-06-11  5:55 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2022-06-11  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Perry Smith writes:

> For Apple losers like me, ePub is so much nicer than PDFs in Apple
Books.  All the features come to life such as book marks, notes,
highlighting, etc.  And they are saved.  Almost like we rocketed into 1990.

You don't have to be an Apple loser to think ePub is nice. There are ePub
reader programs in Linux which allow all you say :-)
And yes, is convenient for almost anything (except printing).
And yes, you can have your ebook reader on the side, almost as you had the
printed programming manuals in times passed.

To get from texinfo to ePub, the easiest way is, I guess, to converto to
split (x)HTML files, pack the result in a 'sofisticated' ZIP
file,(sophisticated in the sense that you have to add a couple more XML
files to it) and rename it to .epub

Wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a smallish program to do that...

Best, /PA

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log (and in real life):
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* Org.texi (the Org Manual) in ePub format
@ 2022-06-10 12:28 Perry Smith
From: Perry Smith @ 2022-06-10 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode