My .2 cents in line, /PA On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 at 15:36, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes: > > > yes, you are right. The whole thread went astray. > > However, I think it might be interesting to keep this as an alternative > to > > the AUTO stuff... > > > > Anyhow, I'm open to cancelling the patch > > From my point of view, you did not address/reply to > > "I think this example doesn't take advantage of the AUTO facility, which > is what the section is about." > I agree it does not take advantage of the AUTO facility here, but I nevertheless think it would be interesting to show people how to do this. Until we expand the AUTO facility to cope with all quirks of multi-language in pdflatex (lualatex and xetex are a different pair of shoes), a quick and dirty alternative may be helpful for people. The introductory text could be +An alternative approach using ~pdflatex~ and ~babel~ and mixing Latin and +Greek fonts in the document using the =\PassOptionsToPackage= command +from =babel= and avoiding the AUTO keyword would be: instead of: +Another example using ~pdflatex~ and ~babel~ and mixing Latin and +Greek fonts in the document using the =\PassOptionsToPackage= command +from =babel= would be: Having this example at hand can solve issues until we fully agree on and implement AUTO through all the packages involved in multi-language documents in LaTeX. @Juan: Thanks again for kicking me awake. I'm moving on most of my projects to lualatex ;-) When you do, we can continue moving the proposed patch forward. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at > -- Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler Headaches with a Juju log: unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet