Thank you for the help. I think I can start hacking something together now that will do what I want it to do. Stephen J. Barr PhD Student, Operations Management Dept: Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM) Michael G. Foster School of Business University of Washington Phone: 425 516 5012 Email: stevejb@uw.edu Twitter: @stevejb Website: http://steve.planetbarr.com On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > "Stephen J. Barr" writes: > > > I am trying to modify ox-md.el. I do not know too much emacs lisp so > please > > bear with me. > > > > Hypothetically, if I want to modify the exporter to add a "THIS DOCUMENT > > BY: " at the beginning, could I do: > > > > (defun org-md-template (contents info) > > "Return complete document string after Markdown conversion. > > CONTENTS is the transcoded contents string. INFO is a plist used > > as a communication channel." > > (concat "THIS DOCUMENT BY: " (plist-get info :author) "\n" contents) > > ) > > > > > > However, I get an error: > > > > org-md-template: Wrong type argument: characterp, #("Stephen > > > > What is the output type of plist-get? Not a string? > > :author contains a secondary string. You need to turn it into the string > with, e.g., `org-export-data'. > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >