Greetings, I am trying to modify ox-md.el. I do not know too much emacs lisp so please bear with me. Hypothetically, if I want to modify the exporter to add a "THIS DOCUMENT BY: " at the beginning, could I do: (defun org-md-template (contents info) "Return complete document string after Markdown conversion. CONTENTS is the transcoded contents string. INFO is a plist used as a communication channel." (concat "THIS DOCUMENT BY: " (plist-get info :author) "\n" contents) ) However, I get an error: org-md-template: Wrong type argument: characterp, #("Stephen What is the output type of plist-get? Not a string? Thanks, Stephen Stephen J. Barr PhD Student, Operations Management Dept: Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM) Michael G. Foster School of Business University of Washington Phone: 425 516 5012 Email: stevejb@uw.edu Twitter: @stevejb Website: http://steve.planetbarr.com