Den tis 17 aug. 2021 kl 08:54 skrev Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide < arne_bab@web.de>: > > Tim Cross writes: > > > Emacs' support for asynchronous operations is at best primitive. There > > is built-in support for calling processes asynchonously and > > there is some other development work to set the stage for adding threads, > > but I think general asynchronous processing inside Emacs is a long way > > off. A lot of how Emacs lisp works fundamentally lacks the low level > > control structures necessary to make data structures and operations on > > those structures thread safe. This means you have to work at a very low > > level in order to ensure code is thread safe and that simply isn't > > practical. Even defining the basic model for an asynchronous emacs lisp > > is non-trivial and once you have the model, you ahve to implement it. > > Maybe it could be possible to fire up a second Emacs and retrieve the > agenda-buffer? > > This is what I do for commands like exporting the agenda which can take a while with the -nw flag, but that is of course unsatisfactory for most use cases. /Henrik