On Mon, Jul 17, 2023, 1:23 PM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Henrik Frisk writes: > > > For the first time I tried to enable the fontification of emphasized text > > but quickly decided I didn't want it. But I can't seem to get rid of it. > > For example, any part of a filename that is after an underscore is still > > printed as subtext (expected if fontification is on). Is there anything > > else than the above variable that controls this? emacs -Q works of course > > fine. > > Can't get rid even after re-starting Emacs? > Exactly, I've had it for weeks annoyingly. Henrik >