Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately this is not the issue I am reporting. The problem is that the #+NAME that produces the label is incorrectly exported to the LaTeX document. That is it is the weird \label{fig:orgparagraph1} which is not what I am trying to label the figure as. You are right that [[fig:result_plot]] does produce the \ref{fig:result_plot}, However, the reference appears unresolved in the resulting document because the figure itself is incorrectly labeled. Best, Andrew On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:26 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Andrew Davis writes: > > > #+CAPTION: Plot of something interesting. > > #+ATTR_LaTeX: :width \textwidth > > #+NAME: fig:result_plot > > file:./img/plot.pdf > > > > This method of placing plots into an org document no longer > > works. Previously, this would correctly produce the figure with > > a consistent label for internal references within the org document and > > the exported LaTeX document. Now, the export results in the following > > TeX code: > > > > \begin{figure}[htb] > > \centering > > \includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{./img/plot.pdf} > > \caption{\label{fig:orgparagraph1} > > Plot of something interesting.} > > \end{figure} > > > > As it can be seen above, the intended label of fig:result_plot is no > > longer exported. This breaks any reference to \ref{fig:result_plot} in > > the LaTeX document while the label of ref:fig:result_plot only works > > within the org document. > > This is usually not an issue since [[fig:result_plot]] will results in > \ref{fig:result_plot}. > > In any case, see `org-latex-prefer-user-labels'. > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >