You are getting the same results I am. What is concerning me is the fact that the label you are applying in the document: #+NAME: fig:result_plot is not the label that is being applied to the the exported tex document, i.e. \label{fig:orgparagraph1} \ref{fig:orgparagraph1} This is rather problematic as there are a variety of things that sometimes need to be done with just pure LaTeX in a babel source block that operate on the figures elsewhere in the org document. If I want to create some multi figure plot in which the internal caption references another figure, the reference in that caption to \ref{fig:result_plot} will no longer work. Again, I am pretty sure this is a bug as it was previously possible to refer to the assigned labels (i.e. fig:result_plot) rather than needing to know whatever sequential reference is assigned by org mode on the export. Best, Andrew On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:15 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Andrew Davis writes: > > > Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately this is not the issue I am > > reporting. The problem is that the #+NAME that produces the label is > > incorrectly exported to the LaTeX document. That is it is the weird > > \label{fig:orgparagraph1} which is not what I am trying to label the > figure > > as. > > > > You are right that [[fig:result_plot]] does produce the > > \ref{fig:result_plot}, However, the reference appears unresolved in the > > resulting document because the figure itself is incorrectly labeled. > > I cannot reproduce it. With the following document > > #+CAPTION: Plot of something interesting. > #+ATTR_LaTeX: :width \textwidth > #+NAME: fig:result_plot > file:./img/plot.pdf > > [[fig:result_plot]] > > I get > > \begin{figure}[htb] > \centering > \includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{./img/plot.pdf} > \caption{\label{fig:orgparagraph1} > Plot of something interesting.} > \end{figure} > > \ref{fig:orgparagraph1} > > which seems fine. > > Regards, >