* Setting entry title by a standard org function?
@ 2013-06-20 18:52 Klaus-Dieter Bauer
From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer @ 2013-06-20 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

Is there a standard way in the org-mode modules to change the text of a
heading conserving tags, todo type, priority etc?

I am writing a extension module for better multi-file handling (wiki-like)
and in that context I want to set the first heading of the wiki-node-files
based on the directory name. Currently my best-guess solution is to rebuild
the heading line from scratch -- while I found functions for setting tags,
priority, todo-keyword I didn't find one for setting the title. Downside:
Doing so is probably incompatible with whatever customization-capabilities
there may be in the syntax, so I want to avoid that.

kind regards, Klaus

* Re: Setting entry title by a standard org function?
@ 2013-06-27 14:30 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-27 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Klaus-Dieter,

Klaus-Dieter Bauer <bauer.klaus.dieter@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a standard way in the org-mode modules to change the text of
> a heading conserving tags, todo type, priority etc?

There is no function for this.

I use

(setq org-special-ctrl-a/e 'reversed)
(setq org-special-ctrl-k t)

which makes it easy to interactively edit the heading,
but this is not a function.

Hope this helps anyway,

--
 Bastien