* Absolute paths in exported files
@ 2010-01-23 16:57 andrea
From: andrea @ 2010-01-23 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was exporting an org-file containing relative paths in the format
"file:../"

In both the pdf and the html the url becomes absolute, I haven't found a
good reason for that in the documentation (they should remain relative
as I understood), any idea?

Org-mode version 6.33trans
GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54) of
2009-09-16 on neutron.local

THanks

* Re: Absolute paths in exported files
@ 2010-01-23 17:59 ` andrea
From: andrea @ 2010-01-23 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

andrea <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I was exporting an org-file containing relative paths in the format
> "file:../"
>
> In both the pdf and the html the url becomes absolute, I haven't found a
> good reason for that in the documentation (they should remain relative
> as I understood), any idea?

Actually in the pdf the link becomes
http://file://.~/uni/etc/etc/
So looks like there an http too much...

* Re: Absolute paths in exported files
@ 2010-01-23 18:41   ` andrea
From: andrea @ 2010-01-23 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

andrea <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

Another very strange thing happened, I have in the file two sources like

#+begin_src sh
lsdfks
#+end_src

tex text

and
#+begin_src java
lsdfks
#+end_src

Now exporting to html or java shows me twice the FIRST code!
If I delete the first one than the second works, any idea of what could
that be?

* Re: Absolute paths in exported files
@ 2010-01-24 15:15     ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-01-24 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

andrea <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

Ok that's really driving me crazy, the problems is there only with that
file and only with "src sh", it would work for other languages.
I removed the options, modified the outline but nothing to do
Here's the whole file by the way:
http://gist.github.com/285248

Isn't there a sort of verbose mode in which org-mode could actually run?

* Re: Absolute paths in exported files
@ 2010-01-25  8:59       ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-01-25  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ok forget about the sh problem, I just deleted it..
The absolute path is another mystery, I thought the problem was that I
wasn't using a project but it's exactly the same thing with a project.

Paths will only be absolutes, I also added
:include ("java")
but still the same, no code included and exported pages only works on my
machine, very strange there must be an easy explanation....

* Absolute paths in exported files
@ 2012-01-23 18:41 Yu
From: Yu @ 2012-01-23 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

An older topic was here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-01/msg00573.html

The problem seems to persist as of now for latex (and thus pdf)
export. The results are sort of diffuse though.

I am working with emacs on Cygwin using the latest git-version and
native Windows "Adobe Reader" and "Sumatra PDF" as PDF Viewers.

  * Apparently [[file:file]] is exported as
\href{file://.file}{file:file} (note the extra period)
  * The same happens with [[./file]] and other local paths like
[[file:plots/somefile.pdf]]
  * For some reason sometimes relative paths get exported as absolute paths.

Examples:
[[file:/labbook.org]] => \href{file://./labbook.org}{file:/labbook.org}
[[./labbook.org]] => \href{file:///absolute/path/to/labbook.org}{./labbook.org}
[[./plot/test.plt]] => \href{file://../plot/test.plt}{./plot/test.plt}
[[/labbook.org]] => \href{file://./labbook.org}{/labbook.org}

In another org file:
[[./local.plt]] => \href{file://../local.plt}{./local.plt}
[[file:local.org]] => \href{file://.local.org}{file:local.org}
[[./local.org]] => \href{file://../local.org}{./local.org}

Also:
  * file://relative/path - style urls fail to be opened (adobe reader
passes it to the browser, the browser treats it as absolute path).
Might also be related to the windows environment, but a PDF should be
portable anyway.
  * Researching the problem, I read that hyperref's \href doesn't
support relative paths to begin with.

Any ideas? It works well for html export and for use within the
org-mode buffer, but it would be nice if the links in the PDF file
could support local files properly too (though I'm not sure if the
viewers even support this).

kind regards, Yu