Makes sense! Just wanted to see how others felt about this :) Anyway thanks for the consideration, and for the tip about org-element-at-point -- really did make this trivial to implement. On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Rasmus wrote: > Hi, > > Calvin Young writes: > > > - If the cursor is at the end of a list item, then "Return" should > > insert a new list item (i.e., automatically perform org-meta-return) > > Maybe you can use org-element-at-point and advice org-return? > > > - If the cursor is at the beginning of an empty list item, then > "Return" > > should outdent the list item (or remove it if it's already at the > > outer-most indentation level) > > I don't understand this. Do you know M-{left,right}? Again, you could > advice org-return. > > In LO it removes the bullet. Here you can use C-S-Backspace. Bonus: it > works everywhere! > > > - If the cursor is at the beginning of an empty list item, then > > "Backspace" should delete the list item and move my cursor to the end > of > > the previous list item > > This is like C-S-Backspace C-p C-e. You could advice org-delete-backward. > > > - It'd be nice of these rules could be applied to checkboxes as well > > It should be trivial to support using org-element-at-point. > > > What I'm describing is really just the default behavior around bulleted / > > numbered lists in other GUI editors (e.g., Google Docs, Gmail, OSX Notes, > > etc.). > > OK... > > > Are there any options built in to org-mode that'd let me enable this? > > No. And I doubt it should be. But Emacs is /your/ extensible editor. > > --Rasmus > > -- > Need more coffee. . . > > >