* Path to contrib directory in OSX Emacs
@ 2014-12-30  5:02 Calvin Young
From: Calvin Young @ 2014-12-30  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hey all,

Does anyone know whether the version of OSX Emacs from
http://emacsformacosx.com/ comes with all of the org-mode contrib packages?
If so, I'm having a heck of a time finding it.

It looks like `org.el` is getting loaded
from /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org, but that path
doesn't appear to have any references to the contrib packages.

If the contrib packages don't come bundled with OSX Emacs, what's the
recommended way of getting them?

Calvin

* Re: Path to contrib directory in OSX Emacs
@ 2015-01-01 17:22 ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2015-01-01 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.12.2014 um 06:02 schrieb Calvin Young <calvinwyoung@gmail.com>:

> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone know whether the version of OSX Emacs from http://emacsformacosx.com/ comes with all of the org-mode contrib packages?

Yes:
;; This file is not part of GNU Emacs.

> If so, I'm having a heck of a time finding it.

These are not the files you are looking for:-)

> It looks like `org.el` is getting loaded from /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org, but that path doesn't appear to have any references to the contrib packages.
>
> If the contrib packages don't come bundled with OSX Emacs, what's the recommended way of getting them?

http://orgmode.org/elpa.html

Use the second choice: org-plus-contrib

Axel