* New user experience ct'd: exporting citations into LaTeX (9.5)
@ 2021-10-13 21:23 Leszek Wroński
From: Leszek Wroński @ 2021-10-13 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Guys,

thank you very much for your responses to my previous query. (I will
study the ebib package more closely; as of now it does not seem to
work with the file fields in my Mendeley-created .bib file. (Yes, I
promise will stop using Mendeley.))

I wanted to try the two LaTeX export processors mentioned in the 15.2
section of the manual: natbib and biblatex. My .org file has a
#+bibliography line specifying my .bib (which is correct, since
inserting citations is now working). I put both (use-package
oc-natbib) and (use-package oc-biblatex) in my .emacs . (I've used
natbib for years when writing .tex documents; I don't know biblatex.)

The situation is as follows:
-- if I put #+cite_export: natbib at the beginning of my .org file,
then C-c C-e l L gives me a LaTeX file which does *not* specify the
.bib file; it has \citep{} commands where they should be, but of
course bibtex doesn't know what to do with them;
-- if I use #+cite_export: biblatex instead, then the resulting .tex
file does contain the \addbibresource{} line pointing to my .bib , and
\autocite{} commands where citations should be; however, I simply
cannot get this to work: Biber works alright, but eventually pdflatex
gives me the following error:

--------------
ERROR: LaTeX3 Error: Mismatched LaTeX support files detected.

--- TeX said ---
(LaTeX3)        Loading 'l3backend-pdftex.def' aborted!
(LaTeX3)
(LaTeX3)        The L3 programming layer in the LaTeX format
(LaTeX3)        is dated 2021-01-09, but in your TeX tree the files require
(LaTeX3)        at least 2021-02-18.
---------------

which I'm unable to get rid of. (This is of course not a question for
this group but if anyone had similar problems I'd be grateful for
pointers ;-);  fmtutil-sys --all and fmtutil-user --all did nothing to
alleviate this)

So: I'd really like to keep using natbib and make it somehow insert
the information about the .bib file into the .tex when exporting. How
do I do that?

Thank you again for your help!

Best regards,

Leszek.

* Re: New user experience ct'd: exporting citations into LaTeX (9.5)
@ 2021-10-13 21:34 ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2021-10-13 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leszek Wroński; +Cc: org-mode-email

Try adding this where you want the bibliography.

#+print_bibliography:

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 5:27 PM Leszek Wroński <elwro1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> thank you very much for your responses to my previous query. (I will
> study the ebib package more closely; as of now it does not seem to
> work with the file fields in my Mendeley-created .bib file. (Yes, I
> promise will stop using Mendeley.))
>
> I wanted to try the two LaTeX export processors mentioned in the 15.2
> section of the manual: natbib and biblatex. My .org file has a
> #+bibliography line specifying my .bib (which is correct, since
> inserting citations is now working). I put both (use-package
> oc-natbib) and (use-package oc-biblatex) in my .emacs . (I've used
> natbib for years when writing .tex documents; I don't know biblatex.)
>
> The situation is as follows:
> -- if I put #+cite_export: natbib at the beginning of my .org file,
> then C-c C-e l L gives me a LaTeX file which does *not* specify the
> .bib file; it has \citep{} commands where they should be, but of
> course bibtex doesn't know what to do with them;
> -- if I use #+cite_export: biblatex instead, then the resulting .tex
> file does contain the \addbibresource{} line pointing to my .bib , and
> \autocite{} commands where citations should be; however, I simply
> cannot get this to work: Biber works alright, but eventually pdflatex
> gives me the following error:
>
> --------------
> ERROR: LaTeX3 Error: Mismatched LaTeX support files detected.
>
> --- TeX said ---
> (LaTeX3)        Loading 'l3backend-pdftex.def' aborted!
> (LaTeX3)
> (LaTeX3)        The L3 programming layer in the LaTeX format
> (LaTeX3)        is dated 2021-01-09, but in your TeX tree the files require
> (LaTeX3)        at least 2021-02-18.
> ---------------
>
> which I'm unable to get rid of. (This is of course not a question for
> this group but if anyone had similar problems I'd be grateful for
> pointers ;-);  fmtutil-sys --all and fmtutil-user --all did nothing to
> alleviate this)
>
> So: I'd really like to keep using natbib and make it somehow insert
> the information about the .bib file into the .tex when exporting. How
> do I do that?
>
> Thank you again for your help!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Leszek.

* Re:Re: New user experience ct'd: exporting citations into LaTeX (9.5)
@ 2021-10-13 21:40   ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2021-10-13 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce D'Arcus; +Cc: Leszek Wroński, org-mode-email

#+print_bibliography seem to not document in info.
(require 'oc-csl) is not too.

--
发自我的网易邮箱手机智能版

Try adding this where you want the bibliography.

#+print_bibliography:

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 5:27 PM Leszek Wroński <elwro1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> thank you very much for your responses to my previous query. (I will
> study the ebib package more closely; as of now it does not seem to
> work with the file fields in my Mendeley-created .bib file. (Yes, I
> promise will stop using Mendeley.))
>
> I wanted to try the two LaTeX export processors mentioned in the 15.2
> section of the manual: natbib and biblatex. My .org file has a
> #+bibliography line specifying my .bib (which is correct, since
> inserting citations is now working). I put both (use-package
> oc-natbib) and (use-package oc-biblatex) in my .emacs . (I've used
> natbib for years when writing .tex documents; I don't know biblatex.)
>
> The situation is as follows:
> -- if I put #+cite_export: natbib at the beginning of my .org file,
> then C-c C-e l L gives me a LaTeX file which does *not* specify the
> .bib file; it has \citep{} commands where they should be, but of
> course bibtex doesn't know what to do with them;
> -- if I use #+cite_export: biblatex instead, then the resulting .tex
> file does contain the \addbibresource{} line pointing to my .bib , and
> \autocite{} commands where citations should be; however, I simply
> cannot get this to work: Biber works alright, but eventually pdflatex
> gives me the following error:
>
> --------------
> ERROR: LaTeX3 Error: Mismatched LaTeX support files detected.
>
> --- TeX said ---
> (LaTeX3)        Loading 'l3backend-pdftex.def' aborted!
> (LaTeX3)
> (LaTeX3)        The L3 programming layer in the LaTeX format
> (LaTeX3)        is dated 2021-01-09, but in your TeX tree the files require
> (LaTeX3)        at least 2021-02-18.
> ---------------
>
> which I'm unable to get rid of. (This is of course not a question for
> this group but if anyone had similar problems I'd be grateful for
> pointers ;-);  fmtutil-sys --all and fmtutil-user --all did nothing to
> alleviate this)
>
> So: I'd really like to keep using natbib and make it somehow insert
> the information about the .bib file into the .tex when exporting. How
> do I do that?
>
> Thank you again for your help!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Leszek.

* [OT] Ebib file field [was: New user experience ct'd: exporting citations into LaTeX (9.5)]
@ 2021-10-13 21:50 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2021-10-13 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leszek Wroński; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Oct 13 2021, Leszek Wroński wrote:
> thank you very much for your responses to my previous query. (I will
> study the ebib package more closely; as of now it does not seem to
> work with the file fields in my Mendeley-created .bib file.

This can probably be remedied with a little Elisp. There's a user option
`ebib-file-name-mod-function`, which is called to convert the contents of the
`file` field into a file name that can be passed to a pdf viewer (and vice
versa).

An example is in this Github issue:

https://github.com/joostkremers/ebib/issues/126

If your Elisp fu isn't too strong, I should be able to help.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Re: New user experience ct'd: exporting citations into LaTeX (9.5)
@ 2021-10-14  9:44   ` Leszek Wroński
From: Leszek Wroński @ 2021-10-14  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce D'Arcus; +Cc: org-mode-email

Thank you very much! For some mistaken reason I assumed this would
only point to the location of the bibliography section of the
generated file, but now I understand that it serves a double role,
specifying the .bib file too.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Leszek.