Hi, I have been using org-mode for about 18 months now and love it. I recently came across the org-capture file+datetree format and it is just what I am looking for, except that I need a slightly different format described as below Currently format is * 2012 ** 2012-08 *** 2012-08-26 Sunday **** [2012-08-26 Sun 13:00] My note for this Sunday afternoon Needed format is * 08 ** 26 *** 2012 Sunday **** [2012-08-26 Sun 13:00] My note for this Sunday afternoon Basically, I need to have the "root" of the date tree on the month, followed by date and then Year, so that for a particular date, I can see all yearly activity. Is there currently a way to alter this? If not, how would I go about adding a file+monthtree format for org-capture? Any suggestions would be appreciated Kindly copy me on the response as I am not subscribed to this mailing list. Thanks, c.b.