On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Achim Gratz wrote: > Markus Baden writes: > > I just installed org-mode via the recipe provided with the current > > development version of el-get [1]. Org-Mode is installed correctly > > into emacs.d/el-get/org-mode and the docs can be found in the doc > > subfolder. The recipe [2] adds the doc to the info via the :info "doc" > > property. However, when going to the info browser with C-h i the > > org-mode docs cannot be found. In the doc subfolder there is a file > > called "org" (no filename extension), which looks like the info file. > > After doing a "cp org org.info" the org-mode info shows up in the info > > browser. > > El-get for whatever reason seems to think that all info files have a > ".info" suffix, but they appear to never check if that assumption is > true. I don't understand how they set up the info tree further on from > looking at the sources. File a bug report for el-get I'd say. > Looking at this a bit this morning, I'm not sure that it is el-get (at least alone) that is insisting on the .info suffix. The portion of elisp in el-get that adds the .info suffix: #+begin_src emacs-lisp (if (string= (substring infofile -5) ".info") infofile (concat infofile ".info")) #+end_src (Side note, I did try a work around, https://github.com/SkydiveMike/el-get/commit/88920c84bbe4d814bae1e79cdda163315d8d8d24that doesn't work). Is only called if the ~dir~' file does not exist (and other conditions) and as part of creating a command string for ~/usr/bin/install-info~. Since an non-built (no execution of ~make~) Org mode Git clone has a ~dir~ file, this code is never called. I also don't believe that ~cp org org.info~ in ~$HOME/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/~ fixes things (I currently can't get the correct info to display using that).