ha! I thought odt export didn't honor those variables -- but I must have had something wrong in my environment, because now I see that it does. Sorry to waste your time! m On Tue, Jul 7, 2015, 18:04 Rasmus wrote: > Matt Price writes: > > > The simple attached patch adds 2 defcustoms to org-odt, allowing the > author > > and date lines to be suppressed in the exported file. I have wnated this > > for a really long time, so submitting to the group in cas other people > also > > want it. > > Can you explain what is the difference between this and something like: > > #+options: author:nil date:nil > > -- > And I faced endless streams of vendor-approved Ikea furniture. . . > > >