Thank you Willem, This looks very helpful. I am trying the code out in a scratch buffer and I am unable to gnerate org syntax, e.g. with this test string: (h-2-o-insert-org-source-for-html "

hello world
foo

" ) Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Matt On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:23 AM, Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote: > Matt Price writes: > > > Hmm, > > > > Looks like I asked this about a year ago and didn't follow up on it. > Does > > anyone know a way to generate org-mode syntax from an html string? I > would > > like to extend zotxt slightly (see my last post) and at present zotxt can > > pull citations 7 bibliography entries from Zotero only in plain-text and > > HTML form. The plaintext form loses information, so I would like to > > translate the HTML into org-mode syntax. > > > > Since this would have to happen in the context of an > > > > (org-add-link-type ) > > > > invocation, it would be best if this could be done directly in emacs > > somehow... > > > > Thanks as always, > > Not sure if this helps, but I recently hacked some code to convert a > simple subset of HTML to org. It is quite hackish and not nearly > finished (and I might never finish). > > However it is pure elisp. > > Code is at: > > http://github.com/woudshoo/html-2-org > > Usage is: > > (h-2-o-insert-org-source-for-html HTML-STRING) > > which inserts a org blob in the current buffer at point. > > Wim Oudshoorn. > > > >