On Tue., Jun. 22, 2021, 4:30 a.m. Richard Lawrence, < richard.lawrence@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote: > Hi Matt, > > Matt Price writes: > > >> I would like to be able to surround some portion of a subtree with a > tag, > >> e.g.: > >> > >> * parent > >> some text > >> #+HTML:
> >> ** child 2 > >> some boxed content > >> ** child 2 > >> more boxed content > >> #+HTML:
> >> ** child 3 > >> unboxed content > > > I don't know if there is a way to somehow slide my own html in between > the > > outine-text element and the outline-container element for a child > subtree. > > If someone knows a way to do this, I'd appreciate a pointer, but for now > I > > think I have to find another way to accomplish this. > > Is it important that your two headlines in the boxed content export as >

? > > If not, you could just use a structure like > > * Parent > ** Box > *** Boxed Child 1 > *** Boxed Child 2 > ** Unboxed Child > > and use something like the ignoreheading filter (see Worg's "Org Hacks" > page) to prevent "Box" from producing a separate header, and maybe > various properties (e.g. UNNUMBERED?) to keep the boxed children from > appearing as part of the main outline. > > Otherwise, #+INCLUDE comes to mind as a possible solution. > > Would one of those options work for you? > I think the :ignore: hack will not work quite right, but the others I had not thought of at all, and I will try them out! Thank you, Matt > > -- > Best, > Richard >