Richard, is wip-cite up to date with recent git versions of org-mode? I'd like ot try it out but would rather not go back to a pre-9.0 version or org, having done a certain amount of work to update to the new framework... Thanks! On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Julian M. Burgos wrote: > This is very interesting! I will give it a try. Thanks for the heads up. > > > Richard Lawrence writes: > > > Hi everyone, > > > > With Org 9.0 out, I thought it might be a good time to revisit the issue > > of citation syntax. Not much has happened with this recently, but I do > > have one bit of progress to report: > > > > About six months ago, Albert Krewinkel, who maintains the support for Org > > syntax in Pandoc [1], wrote to me about supporting the citation syntax > > we discussed previously, and that is partially implemented in > > the wip-cite branch. You can see examples of the syntax at [2]. > > > > Albert dove in, and was able to quickly add support for the syntax to > > Pandoc's Org reader. This support has been merged into released > > versions of Pandoc. Albert actually announced this a few months ago on > > Reddit [3], but it looks like he did not email this list. > > > > I finally got a chance to check out his work yesterday. I converted one > > citation-heavy chapter of my dissertation to use the new syntax, and > > tested out Pandoc's support, with a couple of different CSL stylesheets, > > including a note-based style. It works great. Thanks, Albert, for your > > hard work! > > > > There are some minor issues that probably need more discussion after > > real-world use (like whether/when a conjunction should be inserted > > automatically before the last reference in a multi-cite citation). But > > as far as I can tell, Albert has correctly implemented everything we > > actually discussed and agreed on. > > > > In short, Pandoc now has support for Org citation syntax, and that > > support is fully integrated with Pandoc's citation processing > > capabilities. So there is now at least one "real" (non-prototype) > > solution for processing Org citations via CSL, with output to HTML, > > LaTeX, ODT, .docx, and the other formats that Pandoc supports. > > > > This makes it a lot easier for people to test out the syntax in the real > > world, so I encourage you to do so, and report back on what you find! > > > > Best, > > Richard > > > > [1] http://pandoc.org/ > > [2] https://github.com/wyleyr/org-citeproc/blob/master/tests/testdoc.org > > [3] https://www.reddit.com/r/orgmode/comments/4tes4x/ann_ > pandoc_v1172_has_been_released_it_now/ > > > -- > Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD > Hafrannsóknastofnun, rannsókna- og ráðgjafarstofnun hafs og vatna/ > Marine and Freshwater Research Institute > Skúlagata 4, 121 Reykjavík, Iceland > Sími/Telephone : +354-5752037 > Bréfsími/Telefax: +354-5752001 > Netfang/Email: julian.burgos@hafogvatn.is > >