On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > Matt Price writes: > > > On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 6:51 AM, Eric Abrahamsen < > eric@ericabrahamsen.net> wrote: > > [...] > > > I'll include a shameless-plug-cum-general-recommendation: I use > org-attach a lot to keep files associated with Org headings, and to me > this feels like a natural use-case for that. > Yes, it sounds like a pretty good idea. I am trying to figure out a couple of attachment issues; to start with, I was hoping to set a dnd-handler, anmd have drag-and-dropping local files create an attachment. I am close, but the actual attachment isn't being created. This is what I have: (setq dnd-protocol-alist `(("^\\(file\\)://" . mwp-file-dnd) ,@dnd-protocol-alist)) (defun mwp-file-dnd (uri action) (cond ((eq major-mode 'org-mode) ;; (message uri) (insert "[[%s][Description Property") (org-attach-attach uri nil "lns" ) ;; this appears to work, but doesn't create the link ) (t (let ((dnd-protocol-alist (rassq-delete-all 'mwp-file-dnd (copy-alist dnd-protocol-alist)))) (dnd-handle-one-url nil action uri))) )) > I wrote a library called Gnorb (in the package manager) that provides > some glue-code between Gnus and Org (and BBDB), and there are a few > hooks in there that might be useful to you. > > It sounds like you're digesting quite a bit all at once, so you probably > don't want to install all of Gnorb. If you're interested in some of the > bits, I might be able to peel those off into separate functions: > specifically, taking files from the org-attach directory and attaching > them to outgoing emails being sent from an Org heading. I can't promise > I could do it cleanly, but I'd be happy to look into it. > If you could do that, that would be just super. Right now my lone mailing function sends me to message-mode: (defun mime-send-mail () "org-mime-subtree and HTMLize" (interactive) (org-mark-subtree) (let ((subject (nth 4 (org-heading-components)))) (org-mime-subtree) (insert "\nBest,\nMP.\n") (org-mime-htmlize) (command-execute 'mml-attach-file) (message-goto-to) ) ) mml-attach-file asks a whole bunch of questions about mime type, etc. I don't know how to fill those values in automatically, but I guess it would be, in pseudo code (dolist (thisfile org-attach-all-attachments) (mml-attach-file thisfile FILL IN OTHER ARGUMENTS) If you have something like that in gnorb that'd be awesome. Thanks once again, Matt