From: Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com>
To: John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: add a heading w/ #+print_bibliography to parse tree on export
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:05:45 -0400	[thread overview]

thanks John,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 9:01 PM John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> I think the way to do this is to use a function in
> org-export-before-processing-hook to add it if you don't find it.
>
> you can still use org-ml to generate the string that gets inserted. I
> guess you would just go to the end of the buffer and insert it.

this is what I came up with. I don't know if it might be useful to others,
or if maybe a modified version might be worth putthing into some kind of
package.

(use-package org-cite
  :config
  (defcustom org-export-ensure-biblio
    "Whether or not to create bibliography slide when missing from document"
    :group 'org-export
    :type 'string)

  (defcustom org-export-biblio-heading-id
    "bibliography"
    "custom id for bibliography slide heading in org-re-reveal"
    :group 'org-export
    :type 'string
    :package-version '(org-re-reveal . 1.5))

  (defcustom org-export-biblio-heading-text
    "Sources"
    "Default Title to display above bibliography in org-re-reveal"
    :group 'org-export
    :type 'string
    )

  (defun mwp-add-biblio-export-hook (&optional backend)
    "If there's a citation object, search for a bibliography keyword;
if that's missing, create a new headline with the keyword. Intended for use
with
org-export-before-parsing-hook"
    (save-excursion
      (when (and org-export-ensure-biblio
                 (not (re-search-forward "^[ ]?+#\\+print_bibliography:"
nil t))
                 (progn
                   (goto-char (point-min))
                   (re-search-forward org-element-citation-key-re
(point-max) t)))
        (let* ((title (or org-export-biblio-heading-text "Sources"))
               (id (or org-export-biblio-heading-id "bibliography")))
          (goto-char (point-max))
          (insert
           (org-ml-to-trimmed-string
            (org-ml-build-headline
             :title `(,title)
             (org-ml-build-section
              (org-ml-build-property-drawer
               (org-ml-build-node-property "CUSTOM_ID" id))
              (org-ml-build-keyword "print_bibliography" "")))))))))

  (add-hook org-export-before-parsing-hook 'mwp-add-biblio-export-hook))

Matt