After getting some help from the list, I wrote a post about something pretty close to what you want here: http://matt.hackinghistory.ca/2015/07/15/mailing-subtrees-with-attachments/ There's a little more code there than you actually need, but some of it may be helpful. Happy to answer questions, too. mp On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 11:24 AM, John Kitchin wrote: > You probably could use the function here > https://github.com/jkitchin/jmax/blob/master/email.el#L51 for the email > part after you find the heading you want to send. I think there is some > code there to send a pdf too. > > > On August 1, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Xebar Saram wrote: > > > Hi all > i find that i keep copy pasting food recipes (which i collect with org > obviously) to my email client and then sending it over to the phone to use > in the kitchen (which reminds Me really should get a emacs touch screen for > the kitchen..though my wife would get a stroke if she sees that > ;-))..anyway, anyone knows how one (with almost none to zero elisp skills) > create such a function? > > all i need is locate the recipe (header) and then send the header and sub > headers as text or pdf to my email > > best! > > Z > >