On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: > Matt Price wrote: > > The fault seems to be with org-footnote, not with org-odt, but it's hard > to see where things go wrong because you've loaded compiled code for > that. Can you try again with uncompiled code not only for org-odt but > for everything else as well? > > oh. oops. It appears that there were some old .elc files lying around in my repository. deleting those got rid of the error. This will probably also fix some other small issues I was having... Thanks everyone! sorry for the stupidity. Matt