On May 6, 2015 06:57, "Rasmus" wrote: > > Jay Belanger writes: > > > When I looked at the resulting html, it looked fine: > > Math Department > > But then I checked the css code, which is given by the value of > > `org-html-style-default' in ox-html.el: > > > > th.right { text-align: center; } > > th.left { text-align: center; } > > th.center { text-align: center; } > > td.right { text-align: right; } > > td.left { text-align: left; } > > td.center { text-align: center; } > > Indeed that looks weird. It seems to be a stylistic hack to have > *headers* always centered. I have no clue why. > > > (It's this way in emacs 24.5 and the latest development version of emacs.) > > Easy to change locally, but am I missing something, or should > > `org-html-style-default' have > > > > th.right { text-align: right; } > > th.left { text-align: left; } > > th.center { text-align: center; } > > td.right { text-align: right; } > > td.left { text-align: left; } > > td.center { text-align: center; } > > I guess it should, but I don't know the rational for the always-centering > of headers. . . If we imposed that change headlines of tables with no > instructions would no longer be centered as they default to the "left" > class. This could be an issue if this is a good default style... > Not use if this belongs in the same thread, but another potential issue with the" left" and "right" classes is a namespace clash with external css frameworks which use those classes to assign float values. I export to WordPress using a zurb foundation based css framework, and my tables were all messed up until I figured that out. Matt > —Rasmus > > -- > With monopolies the cake is a lie! > >