On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 6:51 AM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > Juergen Christoffel writes: > > > I wonder if it's even necessary to have *any* sort of MUA set up in > Emacs, if all you're doing is sending email? Many email programs paper > over the distinction between sending and receiving/reading email, but I > think the Emacs-based tools preserve that distinction pretty well. > I'm wondering that too now! > > Message-mode is built in, and I use it in conjunction with the msmtp > program, like so: > > (setq message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail) > (setq sendmail-program "msmtp") > thank you for the pointer to msmtp > > Check the docstring for the *variable* `message-send-mail-function', and > that should get you started. If you're only using a single account for > sending, that should be significantly simpler. Look at > `user-mail-address' and all that. > > Then just call `compose-mail'! > > To answer the original question, the org-mime library in Org's > contrib/lisp directory is probably what you want for htmlizing buffers > and sending them as email. > > I've made some progress on this but it's not quite perfect. I have this function: (defun mime-send-mail () "org-mime-subtree and HTMLize" (interactive) (org-mark-subtree) ;; wish I could get the PARENT headline here! ;; then figure out how to set subject to that headline! (let ((subject (nth 4 (org-heading-components)))) (org-mime-subtree) (insert "\nBest,\nMP.\n") (org-mime-htmlize) ;; had to redefine so it could be called non-interactively (command-execute 'mml-attach-file) (message-goto-to)) ) I've been thinking about it, and I would love to just have a link to the student paper within org itself, and have the attachment added automatically after org-mime-htmlize runs. I'm not sure exactly how to do that but if I figure it out I will let the group know. I vaguely recall I've seen other people describe such systems so I would appreciate guidance if it's available. Thanks again! m > Hope that helps, > Eric > > > >