On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote: > Matt Price writes: > > > Thank you Willem, > > > > This looks very helpful. > > > > I am trying the code out in a scratch buffer and I am unable to gnerate > org > > syntax, e.g. with this test string: > > > > (h-2-o-insert-org-source-for-html "

> href=\"http://example.org/\">hello > > world
foo

" ) > > > > Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, > > I added the conversion, so that part should work now. > However, I am not sure I want to do the thing. > It seems that this requires some CSS parsing to do the right thing. > > Also in this example, the italics would span multiple lines, for which I > think the only way to represent this in org is by enclosing each line in > a pair of '/'. > > However, is there a specific use case where you need the conversion from > the to be precise? (At the moment it will still > output the content of the but it will not be formatted. > > If there is a specific use case, I could maybe make it work for that. > > Personally, I use it to edit text fields in salesforce. > For which I do not care too much if the round trip yields perfect > results. > > Hi Wim, I am trying to parse the output of citeproc-js, which does produce those spans -- not veyr elegant, I must say, but that's what I'm working with. I will try this again in about a day, when I am done with the hard part of my week! Thank you very much, Matt > > Wim Oudshoorn > > >